Friday, September 21, 2007

WOW, The LA County Fair

I did it, I really did it. Past 50. born in California, lived in So. Cal. for at least 35 years and I finally made it to the LA county Fair. It was a blast. I saw a true "Bed of Flowers" (daybed frame around a flower bed), Watusi Cattle (from Africa, with the largest horns in the world), a tarantula in his web, and the most beautiful handknit sweater done by a woman from Riverside (sorry I did not get her name). It got a special Judges award as well as a blue ribbon.

There was TONS of other stuff to see and I watched several demos, like making arrangements with stuff from your yard (who ever knew you could wire a bunch of little flowers together to make a big one) and cool table setting with lots of stuff gathered up from around your house. I tasted lots of things, touch lots of creatures and experienced as much as 9 hours at an uncrowded fair on a gorgeous day could provide.

I feel like I am 10 again. Even though lots of things I had seen and heard before, it all seemed so new. It is so neat how God can let us see the same things in a different light if we just open our hearts to him. Thank you God for giving me this day and all the joy that it brought to my heart.

Oh, and I have decided that it is time to get a digital camera, so I can show you all the wonderful things that I see.

1 comment:

jess mac said...

Hey! I am going to do the chicco bag fundraiser! Thanks.