Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Earth



I have always wanted to have a picture of this sign. It is at the end of the journey to my sisters home in the panhandle of Texas. Seems that the others travelling with me in the past were interested in the picture, but for some reason the driver was ready to be at their destination. I guess the destination is not clear at this point in ,my life, but I know that right here and right now I am only 38 miles from Earth.


My sister works in Earth, my neice and 2 nephews go to school in Earth. From Lynn's house it takes about 30 minutes to drive to Earth (and for you socal people, they drive 65 here), so I guess you could say this is a very grounded area. I was listening to the radio as I drove through Hereford (can you guess what is big in this area) and they were talking about the Sat. morning auction. They also made sure that everyone knew that there was a prayer meeting in the half hour prior to the auction. Talk about keeping your priorities straight.


That commercial brought to mind a Thanksgiveing reunion about 16 years ago back here when we had 40 - 50 people in the new barn at my sisters for "The Feast". We went and borrowed tables and chairs from the community center and decorated with native plantings (thanks to Gma Carolyn and grandchildren) and everyone brought a dish. Now out here there are no delis and most everything comes from the land, so this food was truly from the people attending. It was beautiful, the people were casual but appropriatley dressed and all was set-up and ready to eat.
One of the elder farmers was asked to "Bless" the meal. I still cry to this day as I remember this gentleman, thanked God for the rain and the sun and the soil and the strenghth to bring forth the bounty that we were all about to share. It made me realize that these "Men" who worked almost non-stop (not always in Church on Sunday) to provide for their families and so many others thoughout this country and the world, were awesome "Men" of God. They are proud of their country, their state, their community, and their families, but most important, humbled in God's presence, realizing that without his blessing, none of it would be possible.


Maybe that is why this was my first stop on this journey. To reconnect and realize that without God nothing good, and wonderful and fulfilling is possible. Thank you God.

3 comments:

Krista Debrick said...

Mom, I've noticed that your posts and conversations are a lot more positive and future driven. I'm excited for you and your new journey. And speaking of journey, you'll be here in 3 DAYS!!

Krista Debrick said...

By the way, they should get a sign that says "Welcome to Earth". That would be funny.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.